History‎ > ‎

History of 21 RHFC ACC

Originally formed on August 7, 1887, the Cambridge Army Cadet Corps is the third oldest Cadet Corps in Canada. Started at the Galt Collegiate Institute,
1956 Annual Ceremonial Review of Cambridge Army Cadets
and sponsored by the Galt Board of Education, it was initially known as the Galt Collegiate Institute Drill Company but in 1904 was designated number 21.

On December 3, 1942, the Corps became affiliated with the 2nd Battalion Highland Light Infantry of Canada and re-affiliated with the Highland Fusiliers of Canada on April 1, 1965. On June 8, 1979 with the change of sponsorship to the Tri-Branch Committee of the Royal Canadian Legion, Cambridge our designation changed to 21st Galt (Cambridge) Army Cadet Corps. In 1981 our designation changed again to the Highland Fusiliers of Canada Army Cadet Corps and finally as the 21st Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada Army Cadet Corps.

Today, 21 RHFC ACC parades at the McIntosh Armoury in Cambridge (Galt), Ontario with the kind support of the Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada.  We are no longer sponsored by the Galt Board of E
21 Army Cadets Cap Badge - Semper Paratis (Always Ready)
ducation but are supported, and extremely thankful, for the kind support of Royal Canadian Legion Hespeler Branch #272 and Royal Canadian Legion Galt Branch #121.  21 is also one of the few Army Cadet Corps in Canada to retain its own cap badge with our motto, Semper Paratis (Always Ready) proudly emblazoned on it

Want to find out more?  Contact us today or stop by and talk to one of the 21 Army Cadets staff.

Comments