top of page
armoury.jpg

About 21 Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada Army Cadets

History of 21 RHFC ACC

The Cambridge Army Cadets was originally formed on August 7, 1887 and is currently the third oldest continuously running cadet corps in Canada. Started at the Galt Collegiate Institute and sponsored by the Galt Board of Education, the corps was initially known as the Galt Collegiate Institute Drill Company. In 1904, it was designated number 21. On December 3, 1942, the Corps became affiliated with the 2nd Battalion Highland Light Infantry of Canada and was re-affiliated with the Highland Fusiliers of Canada on April 1, 1965. On June 8, 1979, our sponsor changed to the Royal Canadian Legion (Cambridge), and our designation changed to 21st Galt (Cambridge) Army Cadet Corps. In 1981, our designation changed to the Highland Fusiliers of Canada Army Cadet Corps, and one final time to the current designation 21 Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada Army Cadet Corps.  

Today, 21 Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada Army Cadet Corps (RHFC ACC) parades at the McIntosh Armoury in Cambridge (Galt), Ontario with the kind support of the Royal Highland Fusiliers of Canada.  We are no longer sponsored by the Galt Board of Education but are sponsored by Royal Canadian Legion Branch 272 (Hespeler). We are extremely grateful for their support, along with the support of Royal Canadian Legion Branch 121 (Galt) and the Army Cadet League of Canada.

 

21 Army Cadets has the distinction of being one of the few Army Cadet Corps in Canada to retain its own cap badge with our motto, Semper Paratis (Always Ready) proudly emblazoned on it.

Where to Find Us

1 Valour Pl,

Cambridge, ON N1R 3P1
 

bottom of page